Monday, July 18, 2011

Wal-Mart Shopping Annoyance

So I'm annoyed with Wal-mart at the moment because I went in today after work wanting to pick up some good deals and left not so happy. Maybe I'm wrong on my thinking but this is what happened.

I printed off (2) of the $5.00 Bengay product coupons found on coupons.com today and was excited because the blogs had been saying they've seen bengay at wal-mart for $4.27. When i went to wally-world (6th ave location) Bengay was $4.98...laaaame. Not really good enough for me to use the coupon since I dont even use Bengay anyways. i really wanted the overage.
Then I went over to cosmetics. I had received 2 Catalinas from Target on Sunday 1 for $2.00 off ANY revlon tool and one for $5.00 off ANY 2 revlon tools. Since the coupon did say "Manufacture coupon and had a valid expiration date and remit address I figured it'd be valid. The coupon did say "Redeemable at Target" but it still stated MANUFACTURE COUPON on it, therefor making it good anywhere. I picked up (3) revlon nail clippers i found on clearance for $1, making my overage $4.00!
I also got some eggs, milk, cereal and fruit and those new "WhoNU" cookies. I had the B1G1F coupon from coupons.com and the $1.00 off coupon found in the paper a few weeks back. i had coupons too for the eggs for $1.00 off 1 carton of eggs (any size/price) w/ purchase of (2) Kellogg cereals. Then I had (2) $1.00 off coupons for the cereal and a $.75 off milk coupons I stumbled across online.
So i get up the to the register with all my items, first the lady was confused by the egg coupon, but it rang through, and then informed me initially i couldn't use the B1G1F WHONU coupon w/ the $1.00 off but I told her i could since it was (2) items and i had (2) coupons. Then came the fun part the nail clippers, the thing i was depending on to get my total way down....
She rang up the $2.00 off (1) and $5.00 off (2) and they both rang fine but then she started looking at them and said she needed to verify they were ok b/c
1. they had a target logo on them
and
2. they were more than the items cost.
I expained to her everything i said in this blog but she was still weary. She called over a customer service associate who proceeded to tell me the only type of manufacture coupons they'll accept are PRICE MATCHES and they can't use coupons for more than the product value! FALSE!! I explained to him (calmly) that this coupon did come from target but it did have all the requirement of a standard coupon and followed their coupon policy about competitor coupons and overage can be used towards the rest of the purchase. I asked if he'd like to see it in the Wal-Mart coupon policy (which i had in my binder) and he rudely told me he was aware of their policy and it wouldn't be necessary. I would have pressed the situation more but the people behind me in line looked annoyed. So i left w/o my $4.00 overage credit which would have been a big help seeing as I spent $11.88. that would have been like taking another 33% off!

In regards to my situation Wal-Marts coupon policy states-
  • "If the coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied towards the basket purchase"
  • "Catalinas-Printed out at our COMPETITORS register for dollar/cents off a specific item. must have manufacture coupon with specific item requirements printed on them. must have a valid remit address for the manufacture. Must have valid expiration date. Must have scannable barcode. are accepted in black and white, may not be duplicated"
I think i'm going to go back tomorrow and talk with customer service about it just so i can be clear, and maybe help educate the employees there on what their policy states.

No comments:

Post a Comment