Monday, July 18, 2011

Target Couponing 7/17

My friend Tiffany and I made a trip down to Edmond Sunday to hit up some deals at Target! We both made out pretty good. I thought I was going to fair better, but I was unaware that Target does not do overages. But heres how my transaction broke down.

Trans #1 Starbucks
There was a $1.50 off Starbucks Iced Via in Sundays Coupons so we took that coupon to the Starbucks in Target to get our Via+ a free tall drink. I dont know if Target Starbucks are different, but the email and the coupon I had from Starbucks said "Buy a Starbucks Iced Via get ANY tall drink for Free" But the barista at Starbucks informed us that no it was a free tall VIA. oh well free coffee is free coffee.

Starbucks Iced Caramel Via $5.95
MC $1.50 found in 7/17 SS
=$4.45 +tax

Walmart (6th ave) carries Via Iced Coffee's (not the carmel flavor though) and they gave them on Rollback for $6.78 reg. $7.78, So i think its better to buy them from a Starbucks or Food Pyramid in town.

Trans #2

Wholly Guacamole $5.09
$1.00 off Target Mobile Coupon
$1.00 off MC
= $3.09 OOP

Mortons Seasoning Salt $.97
$.60 off MC
= $.37

(2) Dove Men Body+Face Wash $5.14
(2) $1.00 off Target Coupons
(1) B1G1 Free Coupon
=FREE


(2) Dove Mens Body Scrubber $3.89
(1) B1G1 Free Coupon
= $7.78/2
-these two transaction confuses me on my receipt. It looks like they took the B1G1F coupons off BOTH of the Body and Face wash, not one face/body wash and one scrubber. Not that I'm complaining b/c the face wash was more $. But i just thought it was odd.

Revlon Nail File $1.27
Walgreens MC catalina $2.00 off any revlon tool
= FREE
i did think i was going to get the overage on this transaction, but come to find out target doesn't do that. darn....

Sally Hansen Nail Strips $8.57
(1) MC $1.00 off found in Aug. ALL YOU mag.
(1) $1.00 off Target coupon
= $6.57

(4) Natural Instincts Hair Color Clearance Priced $3.47
(2) $5.00 off 2 Clairol Haircolor coupons found in 7/17 SS
= $3.88/4 or .$97 a box!

Kleenex 3 Pack (found in trial section) $.99
$.50 off MC
=$.49

(2) BIC Ballpoint Pens Sale $.60
$1.00 off 2 Printable MC coupon
= $.20 for 2 packets of pen

Post It notes Sale $1.00
$1.00 off coupon found in the Arctic Zone lunchbox i purchased at Wal-Mart
= FREE

(2) Scotch Magic Tape Sale $.60
(2) $.50 off Target Coupons
(2) $1.00 off MC coupons
= 2/FREE
-once again i thought i would have overage on this. But no, just free tape which isn't bad. i should have just saved my MC and used them another time.

(2)Dove Mens Deodorant Sale $3.49
(2) MC $2.00 off
(1) Target coupon $2.00 off 2
= $.98/2 or $.49 each!

Total = $23.36 by my calculation HOWEVER my target receipt says my Subtotal was only $17.80 which is something else that confuses me. But I'll pay less thats fine with me!


GRAND TOTAL (according to targets receipt)
$22.25+tax
Saved $45.47 which is about a 67% savings!

I dont know about anyone else but Targets receipts confuses me. It seems like certain coupons wont scan, or wont reflect on the receipt and things are all out of order. I had to stare at it and my written list for a while to try and decipher it. But regardless I'd say it was a pretty successful shopping trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment