Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Always Check your Reciept! -Walgreens

So after the coupon swap last night at the library my friend tiffany and I went over to walgreens, we were in search of toothpaste and trident gum.
Unfortunatly they were out of the toothpaste that was on sale so we picked up a few other things. this is how my transaction(s) played out.

Trans #1
(2) Scrunci Hair ties Sale 2/$3
+#RR for next purchase
=$3 + $3 RR

Trans #2
(4) 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp Bars Sale $.49
(9) Trident vitality Gum packs Sale $.79
(2) Skinny Cow Cluster Snacks Sale 2/$1.79
(1) Laffy Taffy $.15
=$11.18 (w/tax) before coupons
Coupons-
(2) $.50 off (2) 3 Musketeers bars
(3) $.200 off (3) Trident packs
(1) B1G1Free Skinny Cow snacks
$3.00 RR from trans #1

Well when my transaction was first rang up, my total was $5.32 which seemed high to me and the cashier said he scanned all of my coupons so i went with it. But when i went outside and examined my reciept, he fail to scan (2) of my $2.00 off coupons and (1) .50 off coupons. So i went back inside, they voided my 2nd transaction and re-rang everything up and my total OOP was $.98! Much better!

Moral of the story-check your reciept before you leave! its easier to fix if they've still got easy access to your coupons and remeber what you've bought.
I'm going to try going back today at lunch to see if they've re-stocked the sale toothpaste and get more 3 musketeer bars! I'm sure the walgreens people will be happy to see me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment