Friday, November 11, 2011

Triming the Cost of Thanksgiving

So this is my first year actually planning and purchasing food for thanksgiving. Dustin's mother is flying in and we're doing thanksgiving at our place. I've been gathering up my coupons and searching the sale ads for the best deals on all the thanksgiving items. I went to Wal-Mart a few days ago and got started on my shopping list. This week (until tomorrow 11/12) target had the best deals by far on turkey and stuffing. Walmart had ButterBall turkeys on sale for 1.58/lb and Stove Top stuffing for I believe 1.09. Target had butterball turkeys priced at $.97/lb and stove top stuffing for $.89. My 10.08 lb turkey at Walmart was priced at $15.93 and after PriceMatching i got it for $9.78!! I then had a coupon for $1.00 off any butterball turkey AND $3.00 off wyb a combo of a butterball tukey, heinz gravy, pillsbury crescent rolls or stove top stuffing. If i paid RETAIL w/o price matching or coupons for my turkey and (2) stovetop stuffings and (2) heinz gravies i would have spent around $20.00 BUT with Price matching and coupons i spent only $9.50!
heres an article on yahoo about some other ways to save some $ on the holidays!

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/most-expensive-thanksgiving-dinner-ever-super-savers-guide-180200325.html

No comments:

Post a Comment